Istanbul is a city that is very famous for its history and culture. These main qualities are ideally blended to form the beautiful city. The main attractions and popular tourist sights are an addition to the masterpiece.
Developed in the Neolithic times, this amazing city now stands witness to the amazing culture and heritage. The city consists of several ancient and unique markets, or bazaars and many cathedrals. These spots are the perfect example of the history of the magnificent city. Below we shall provide a quick overview on the several places that are best for visiting in Istanbul.
Places worth a Visit in the City
1. Basilica Cistern: This place is very famous among the tourists and is a very romantic location. This beautiful place is proof of the system that led to the fetching of drinking water in the city. Nowadays, this amazing location is a very attractive sight decked with music and light.
2. Aya Sofya: This prime location is suitable for tourists who look for a view of the most famous museum is Istanbul. This amazing building has several art galleries that store many antique artefacts. The thrill and adventure of visiting this amazing place is inexplicable.
3. Topkapi Palace: This is one sight that you just can’t miss when you are in Istanbul. The history of this amazing place dates back to the times when it was home to several sultans and their generations. The stylish architecture and surroundings of the place and a beautiful collection of gems is what makes this place a must visit. All you have to do is to book your tickets in Turkey Airways and you are all set.
4. Blue Mosque: Just a little distance away from Aya Sofa and possessing a striking resemblance to its structure, this mosque is one of the best places that the tourists prefer to visit. The interiors of the place are to die for and the walls are made up of amazing tiles. Clearly an architectural masterpiece, this amazing sight has six miners to boast of.
5. Istanbul Archaeology Museum: Museums are not an ideal option for many tourists but this particular one is famous for its amazing exhibits. The main artefacts of this museum include the model of Trojan horse and the Ottoman Structures in Tiled Pavilion. Obviously, this place is a must visit for history lovers who have an interest in the lives of several famous people.
6. Chora Church: The amazing location is an ideal location for a visit. The old walls of the church are a fascinating treat to the eyes. And not to mention the stylish and beautiful mosaics that provide a breath-taking beauty to the interiors of this location. Now famous as a museum, this amazing location is certainly worth a visit if you are in Istanbul.
There are so many interesting sights and attractions in the city of Istanbul. This amazing city never fails to astonish its visitors with amazing views and locations. Do pay a visit to these beautiful sights and many more that the city has in store for you.